Satellite
  • Day 60

    Last entry - Home Sweet Home

    October 28, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Liv says I should end this blog back home, so here we are! We arrived back on Saturday morning to a very hot and windy Sydney day....NOT my sort of weather, and specially not after the lovely cool of Norway and Denmark. It wasn’t a wonderful flight - we usually enjoy Virgin Australia, but somehow the attendants were wooden, not the usual friendly laid back types we usually have, and the food was inedible....I know airline food is not gourmet, but this was truly awful (and again not the normal for them). Oh well, we also left late - again unexplained - were not in the air till after 1 am, but having said all that I did take a pill and slept quite well and didn’t wake till about 6 am Sydney time, so am almost back to normal.

    This is a very long a boring description of the flight back, but it has been one of our best trips..particularly the Norway times as that was new to us and SO beautiful. And “cruising” on the Hurtigruten ship was a great experience. We have caught up with the Sertori family yesterday and look forward to seeing Paul, Tallie and offspring this week. All is good, and we already have a travel plan for next year in our minds - another Camino in France. So now I can officially sign off from this trip!
    Read more