Satellite
  • Day 26

    Last days in America

    August 24, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Well, in 24 hours we will hopefully be flying to Europe! A slight feeling of stress, as covid certificates etc required, but we have checked in online, and let’s hope all goes smoothly.

    We have had a busy and lovely last few days. On Friday it was the concert - Beethoven by the Bay. Great all Beethoven concert, and the new shell now built is fantastic…and great acoustics. We sat at a table, had a meal and listened…just perfect. And very pleasant weather…last time I remember it was cold, but no wind this night.

    Then on Saturday there was a BBQ at the beach and tennis club. Lots of food and lots of fun with friends of M and L that we now know quite well (as well as you know people who you only see every few years!). We had been going to have a drink with Ben and Jeannine before, but the days got mixed up and Saturday didn’t work for them, nor Sunday for us.

    On Sunday it was a dinner with Peter and Tama, at an Italian restaurant. Very pleasant and drama free! Tama seemed nice, only comment is that she had trouble finding gluten and dairy free food on an Italian menu, and ended up having a salad. She is very skinny.

    Yesterday we ate at home…Michael cut us some beautiful sashimi from the tuna he had caught on his Mexican fishing excursion recently and it was delicious. And Lisi made a very tasty Panamanian dish - pollo con bolo - chicken and corn and many other yum ingredients.

    Amr and I have been walking (and he swimming as well) and hope we are ready and fit for our upcoming serious spell of walking! It is still so humid, but have checked Burgundy and weather there looks delightfully moderate…phew…

    Just about to leave for our last dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Peter F called and said was there a chance for a meeting before we leave, so he will come too, and Amr and I will walk down to his apartment for a drink first and meet M, L and kids at the restaurant at 7.30. Tama is back in Houston.

    And we FaceTime-ed with Sonny for his 5th birthday on Sunday!!

    Tomorrow the adventure begins, and I will post daily!! But may be a bit erratic during the travelling day…
    Read more