Satellite
  • Day 76

    Addendum to Sauveterre

    October 13, 2021 in France ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    Just have to add a little extra about our evening here. First at the recommendation of our Aussie host we went for a walk round the island in the river..not a long way, and just below where we are staying..didn’t realise it was an island in the river…so we set out, after our downtime, and had a glorious walk round continuously picturesque scenery…the river has a bit of white water there where they do canoeing…then we wandered back up to the town to see where we were to eat. We found the only place that seemed to be in action - no sign up saying Le Légende - but it turned out to be the place. Just a tiny restaurant, about 6 tables inside, and you wouldn’t want to be outside once the sun sets. It is so cold in the morning and evening, but lovely and moderate in the afternoon.

    So we knew we were early - dinner is never before 7, and usually 7.30, but we thought we could fill in the time with a glass of wine…which we did. A very nice Basque Spanish wine, and bread and the best French butter! The vibe of the place was fantastic…a kitchen probably smaller than ours where they were producing the fabulous food. We had a carrot dish (Amr) and a leek dish for entrée, and a fricassée of mushrooms and many other delicious veg for Amr and I had a risotto with pumpkin and assorted other yum vegs…in fact I think it was all vegetarian…don’t know if it is actually veg, but it was sensational, and partly because of the ambience, and largely the fab food. We had cheese and a sweet chateau Lafitte sticky (Amr says he doesn’t think it’s THE château Lafitte but it was delicious! So now in bed , content, and ready for sleep!
    Read more