Satellite
  • Day 134

    Back in Liverpool for the last few days

    December 10, 2021 in England ⋅ ⛅ 5 °C

    It is now Friday afternoon. Yesterday morning was a beautiful clear day in York, and we spent it walking round more of the walls, and another visit to the Minster (as our ticket lasts for a year!). Then we had a final walk round the narrow cobbled streets - it was still very cold - even with longjohns, 5 top layers, gloves and hat it felt cold!

    So we made our way to the station and caught the train back, arriving about 3. It was a rather fun train as unlike the one on the way to York, this one had a group of women who seemed to be going to a hens party…they were very festive anyway…(or maybe on the way back)…and there was a lot of chat and laughter.

    We popped into our favourite Tapas bar in Liverpool One (our equivalent to TapaVino!) and had a glass of Rioja and some tapas before getting the bus back to Omnia’s. We feel quite familiar with Liverpool and environs now (just the little part we know..). Good to see Omnia and be warm. She is better, just a little husky still.

    Today Amr went to the pool to swim and I went too and we walked back…our exercise for the day. This afternoon we go to afternoon tea with Judith, lovely almost 90 yr old (who came with us to one of the concerts)…and tomorrow we have appointments for our pre flight covid tests. There are over 50,000 new cases each day here, so let’s hope we’re negative!!! Had an email from Emirates with tickets and confirmation so it’s all happening!! Will probably write once more before we leave on Monday.
    Read more