Satellite
  • 0.1 Booking confirmed!

    June 6, 2018 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Finally I booked the first flights for the journey.
    Because a stopover in a city is not very efficient, instead of waiting at the airport for the connection flight, I decided to stay at those stopover cities for a while. For instance, instead of flying to Norfolk (VA), to visit my family, with a connection flight in Reykjavik, I stay in Iceland for a week.

    Side fact: If you fly to the US with a stop in Iceland, then both flights are likely to be < 7 hours long. Which is a different category of flight and airlines have to pay less (e.g. no food is served). This makes the ticket less expensive.

    The same thing I do on the Bahamas. Because you currently are not allowed to travel from the US to Cuba as a tourist, I have a stopover in Nassau for one week, since I first have to fly there and then to Cuba.

    So here is my schedule:

    1. Düsseldorf to Reykjavik on the 10th of August in the evening
    Seven nights stay
    2. Reykjavik to Norfolk, VA on August 31th in the afternoon
    Seventeen nights with my family
    3. Norfolk to Nassau on September 17th in the morning
    Seven nights stay
    4. Nassau to Havana on the 24. of September in the morning
    Eleven nights Cuban Flair
    5. Havana to Cancún on October 5th in the afternoon
    Stay as long as I want! Further travel rout by bus to ... where ever I want!

    So, awesome first part with an ecologically footprint that is comparable with Godzilla!
    However, if anyone wants to join me for a time, you are very welcomed!

    Looking forward! Yeahhh
    Read more