Satellite
  • Day 35

    Seattle, Washington

    March 24, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 39 °F

    After 36 hours of travel from Luan Prabang, Laos to Tokyo Japan, we made it to Seattle very jet lagged and exhausted. We checked into a comfy hotel and isolated ourselves binging on movies and catching up on sleep for two days since our three attempted flights back home were cancelled due to lack of passengers. We finally got a flight today Tuesday, at 6:40am to Minneapolis and a connecting flight to Hartford.
    We isolated ourselves

    Upon arrival and departure from Seattle vacant airport, we were surprised that Covid-19 health stops for temperature readings were absent. In the Far East, temperature reading health spots are at entry and departure of airports, temples and any major tourist attractions.

    In Tokyo Narida airport, we had a 10 hour layover. Therefore, we wisely checked into an airport private, sparkling clean day room, with beds and shower, that allowed us to isolate ourselves, get some needed sleep, and leave refreshed for the remainder of our journey to Seattle.

    In Minneapolis, we boarded the plane, then had to wait for the airlines to find a replacement pilot because the original pilot was coming in on a flight that got cancelled. After waiting for an hour we took off and should land in Hartford shortly.

    We are picking up a rental car and will drive home to be greeted by a white snowy winter. After being in a very hot climate for the past month it will be a shocking adjustment!

    The trip was an incredible experience and we are planning to return soon to finish our adventure.
    Read more