Satellite
  • Day 11

    Shit Santander and shit Skype

    December 26, 2015 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    After run and nice breakfast, decided I will do Salvador, and then head back via bus along the coast. Would be an experience....

    Except I couldn't. Downloaded app, tried their online page and even the hotel computer. Free choosing tickets seats etc, ticket booking failed. The only lead, a possible issue with bank. So I thought I have Skype, no problem....

    Well first I brought a Skype local number. No good as the 'international bank call in number' now no longer works.
    Then in between calls, the connections just drops, cuts for no reason and I have to restart again the whole process. On top of this the line is bad and the bank agents can cut the lone if they struggle to hear me. They cut the line. More than once.
    6 attempts to purchase tickets. 6 attempts to call the bank, twice authorizing the payments on my statement they sort it out. All good.
    Except the ticket buying fails again. Again to santander...
    Ends up that issue is in busbud side, they implemented new anti fraud system and it's not throwing up me as a false positive. Great.

    I decide to fly there and back...

    I manage to relax 4 hours later. Not cool.
    Read more