Satellite
  • Day 147

    Sedate Adventures During Shoulder Rehab.

    September 14, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    Wow! It's been awhile, huh? We've been ensconced at the Albuquerque KOA since July 22—Herb had his rotator cuff surgery on Aug. 17. The surgery went well and he's 4 wks. out now and rehab is going extremely well. He is [mostly] pain-free.

    My daughter, Sarah Eishen, turned 50 last Thurs. and she and husband Jeff with the assistance of Marissa Eishen, Jeff's cousin and Sarah’s daughter-of-the-heart, put together a massive party with a live band, bartender, and tons of food, plus a massive cake. There were about 50 guests (not counting the 6 dogs and 2 cat/dogs—cats that think they’re dogs). Since Herb was still in the midst of his rehab, we didn’t want to miss more than one session and since he couldn’t drive we loaded our stuff for the weekend and the dogs into the car and drove to San Diego for the party. The dogs boarded with Sarah—a dicey prospect since her group of dogs: the ones she owns, the new greyhound 4-mo old puppy she just acquired, the boarders and the day care dogs, have all had giardia diarrhea going from one to another. We stayed at the Inn at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station and couldn’t keep the dogs there. So far my dogs don’t have it.

    However, the party was a great success and a good time was had by all. Jeff put together a wonderful video of her life [so far]: <https://goo.gl/fqp8NS&gt;. She has had so many physical accomplishments: doing the Susan G Komen 100 mile bike race, finished a marathon, ran many half-marathons, in addition to stand-up paddle-boarding that it’s hard to remember that she has had MS since 1998!

    We did break free for one afternoon to go down to Pacific Beach to take some pictures, which I have included.

    As I write this, we are stopped for the night in Scottsdale. Tomorrow we head back to Albuquerque. But not for long. We plan to leave Sept 26 for a few days in El Paso, then we’ll be in Fredericksburg, TX for a month, before heading further South for the winter. It’s been eating at us to have this wonderful new Class A RV that has yet to get on the road! Watching the constant flow of RVs coming in and out of the KOA really makes us want to hit the road again!
    Read more