Satellite
  • Day 197

    Lubbock, TX, Airpark RV Park

    November 3, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    As my normal Facebook followers are aware, we have had recurrent problems with our vacuum toilet leaking in our new 2018 Fleetwood Southwind. It has been investigated no fewer than 5 times in the last couple of months. This time we left Fredricksburg RV Park on Tuesday for a 7:30 am appt. Wed morning at the REV Technical Center (Fleetwood manufacturer’s service center) just south of Ft Worth, we planned to stay for at least three days, because whenever we leave the facility, it starts leaking again within 48 hrs.

    Once again, they could not find anything, so we planned to drive to Lubbock Friday morning, but Friday morning it leaked again so Herb ran over to the service center(they have an electric/water campground next to the facility) to get the supervisor to come look. He thought it might be due to a valve or possibly the shower, so they took it back in and replaced the valve and caulked the shower. They got done by 1 pm but it was a long 6-hr drive to Lubbock.

    We had trouble finding a campground in Lubbock—none had any vacancies, but we lucked into a new RV park near the airport. It was so new that we were the first ones to stay here! It will be good I think when they get finished with it. The owner came out and helped us get set up.

    Herb’s oldest friend in the whole world lives here and since today, Nov. 3rd, is Herb’s 72nd birthday, we will allow Joe and family the honor of buying him dinner here!!

    We will head to Albuquerque on Monday. We had originally planned to go to Corpus Christi after Fredricksburg then on to Florida for the winter, but decided that since we had no intention of ever owning another house, we need to get rid of the stuff we left in storage that is costing nearly $300/mo. So we will spend a couple of weeks arranging that, then head west for the winter. San Diego RV parks are exorbitantly priced, but we found a reasonably priced one in Hemet, an hours’ drive to San Diego. We’ll be there until middle of February—Herb has medical appts in ABQ in March.
    Read more