Satellite
  • Day 126

    Queenstown/Wanaka

    August 3, 2017 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 5 °C

    Next we arrived in Queenstown, the adrenaline junkie capital of NZ. We spent 2 days here. Initially the weather was pretty poor and we went on a tourist boat showing us the different parts of Queenstown, including the million dollar district where the average value of all the properties was over 1 million dollars! That evening we went to a fancy ice bar where everything was made of Ice, the temperature was -5 Celsius. It was great fun. However we were only allowed 30 minutes in the bar and I don't think either of us could have done much longer! Next day we jumped straight into the adrenaline life style going on a jet boat which was great fun even better that Susie didn't get sick! And I did the Nevis Swing, the largest canyon swing in the world...I couldn't persuade Susie to join me on that! We also went for a slap up steak dinner that night, because we felt we needed to be spoiled a bit more.
    Next day we travelled to Wanaka a slightly more laid back version of Queenstown. We went to a old school cinema where the seats were sofas and you could take wine and dinner into the cinema with you which was a cool experience. Here we also went to Cardrona ski resort to do a days skiing! It was great fun the resort was a lot smaller than any in Europe but the weather and snow were great!
    Read more