Satellite
  • Day 327

    Da lat and Nha trang

    February 20, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    I have combined two places we visited next for reasons that will become clear. We decided to go to Da Lat mainly to do a 'secret tour' we had read about. We wanted to do this tour on Chinese New Years Day so decided to email beforehand to check that would be okay. 'Yes, no bother' was the reply. However when we got there we were told of course the tour would not be running as everything shuts down for New Years! So basically we had a day in Da Lat drinking coffee and visiting the only attraction that was open which was the flower gardens.
    We moved on the next day, it was then that we realised that Chinese New Year does not last for one day, but 10 days! And during this time most tourist attractions shut down, the rest are double the price. Buses were packed and so expensive! We visited Nha Trang next, a popular beach resort. Again, everything we tried to do was closed, and it rained so the beach was a no go. We managed to visit some mud baths which passed the time.
    So by the end of this week we were pretty fed up with Chinese New Year and there was still another 3 days to go!
    Read more