Satellite
  • Day 1

    Travel day

    September 15, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    Woke up at 4am to start our adventure. I slept okay but as usual I was worried that for some unknown reason my alarm would fail or that the taxi would not show up on time. Thankfully everything went as planned and we were at the airport in no time.

    The airport was unfortunately a stressfull set of events for Ben. He was tagged randomly and was required to have a in depth scan at the TSA. Thankfully they did not require to unpack everything, they swabbed all his stuff and the machine gave him the all clear. Then at customs her gets an agent who is not a happy camper and gives him a bad time because he is using his Nexus card. After providing the passport instead he is good to go. We finally get to board the plane and have a easy flight. Arrived in Newark, Ben's credit card is deactivated for risk of fraud when he tries to make a purchase. Thankfully he was able to reply to an email to get the card reactivated.

    We take our second plane to San Francisco. A 5 hour flight so we pass the time by watching our own personal devices as United Airlines does not provide any entertainment.

    Arrived at SF we go get the car, the guy simply tells us to pick the car we want even if I reserved a certain model. I get lucky and spot a Volkswagen Atlas and it has CarPlay. Yay I get to have nice maps :)

    We then drive to get some supplies for our camping at REI. Following that we head over to Cupertino to see the Apple mother ship. It's impressive and really nice. After the eye candy we have a quick lunch and head over to our AirBnB. We travel the back roads in valleys that are al yellow with fried grass. Is different than the intended usual green that I am used to see.

    Arrived at the AirBnB we are greeted by Neil. He shares with us some great tidbits of information for Yosemite park and we take notes.

    Now it's time for bed. We will be of early tomorrow for Yosemite.
    Read more