Satellite
  • Day 11

    Sonoma

    September 25, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    We get up and have breakfast at a nearby cafe. Once done, I head over to pickup our rental car. I decide to take the subway instead of the bus. Wow... these subway cars are really fancy, they have nice comfy seats and lots more room than on the bus. That's probably why it's more expensive to take the Bart.

    Getting the rental was really quick. I have a blue Mitsubishi Outlander for this leg of the trip. It also has CarPlay :). I head back to the studio to pick Ben up. The itinerary does not look too complex. I was afraid that I might have to drive in some of the streets where it does not seem clear where cars are allowed to go with all the various public transportation there is in SF. Thankfully I ge an easy route.

    After getting the car we head to Golden Gate Bridge. There is a vista where we can stop and take photos. The fog is still present but we are able to get a couple of photos with an almost clear sky. We walk to the halfway point of the bridge to see the view and take more photos. We head back to the car and a cross. After taking photos on one side we have to take photos on the other 🙃.

    After all those photos we drive to Sonoma for some Vineyard visiting and wine tasting. We make our first stop at Schug and take the wine tasting. They specialize in Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. They were very good 🍷.
    We then go visit a couple more, some have locely gardens and others great terrasse setups for wine tasting. I forgo the wine tasting at these other vineyards as the first one has already started making me feel the alcohol.

    There is a big difference in temperature between here and SF and it's only 30 minutes away. They say the hot air from this area sucks in the cold from the ocean to SF. The real warm summer days in SF are end of September and October.

    After visiting enough vineyards for the day we head to downtown Sonoma. There is a fair today and people are allowed to drink in the park in front of City Hall. We get there and the fair is getting setup. There will be live music. I however start feeling nauseated and am no longer interested in being in a large group of people. Maybe it's the heat... We decide to head back to our new AirBnB in Mills Valley. I need to rest as we have a full day of mountain biking tomorrow. I will bring lots of water and snacks to eat.

    That's all for today
    Read more