Satellite
  • Day 9

    Shanghai

    November 22, 2019 in China ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Hangzhou is brand new - well where we are anyway! A beautiful restful nights sleep in a huge comfy bed. Breakfast has all the deliciousness and nutrition you could ask for. The shopping mall restaurants across the road provide a wide variety of food.
    To the tea plantations in the mountains for beautiful tranquil scenery and a tea ceremony with a hard sell for the benefits of polyphenols and armed with some fresh green tea we head for a cruise on west lake for some more Chinese relaxation. Lunch is some boiled lettuce ( better than it sounds) , spicy seaweed and tofu mushrooms soup which we believe had some pork in it!
    To Shanghai and we marvel at the wide highways, busy traffic and billet trains that whizz past. A long afternoon drive brings us to Shanghai and the most disappointing hotel of the trip - holiday inn express. Guide says it’s a central location. We beg to differ when trying to find somewhere to eat. We finally find a restaurant that looks half decent and share a surprisingly nice dinner with Ross and ? From Wollongong and swap travel stories. Fried fish, cauliflower, bok Choy and beer. A chardy in the room and to bed! Such an adventure!
    Read more