Satellite
  • Day 1

    Weesp - the Wedding

    January 17, 2018 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 5 °C

    CX landed nice and early into Schipol airport. By the time I reached Weeps, it was just daybreak and I could barely make out of the roads and canals. I dragged along the giant suitcase around town for a while, trying to figure out where we were supposed to meet. In the end, I came back to the cafe where the breakfast would be held and met a couple of Leiman's fellow Americans.

    The signing of paperwork at the Town Hall was relatively short and uneventful. We walked back to the cafe where Denise's friend started to arrive. The tiny cafe was cozy and quint. The venue was nicely decorated with Dutch, American and Israeli flags. Simple traditional Dutch breakfast of cheese and bread were served to the guests. OMG, Dutch knows how to make great coffee!

    My drag leg wasn't too bad due to I had a solid 5hr sleep on the plane with extra leg rooms! After the breakfast, I walked around the tranquil town for about 1.5hr, embracing the sun, rain and hail.

    I ran into Adam at the train station and we got back to the party tall ship together. Wasted no time, I went out for a walk. I went random directions, I took turns whenever I saw interesting things. No matter how many time I have been in Amsterdam, this city still presents dazzling beauties at every corner.

    The evening was a dinner at an Indonesian restaurant with guests from the morning. Niels showed up after the dinner. It was very nice for him to come given that he had a flu the day before and was too sick to attend the wedding. I felt blessed to see him again.

    So as the day ends, two of my fellow kibbutz friends are married.
    Read more