Satellite
  • Day 7

    Budva -> Tirana -> Ohrid

    August 16, 2019 in North Macedonia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Today is another looong day of driving. We crossed three countries (Montenegro -> Albania -> Northern Macedonia). Massive traffic jam going into Tirana, a former communist capital now has inhabitant of over 1 million residents. The city itself is quite boring with the standard communist monumental architecture. We had a short walking tour around the main square before indulging ourselves into a delicious local cuisine.

    Lunch is the highlight - we have lamb on yogurt and mixed meat in a pot cover with ricotta cheese. The best meal in this trip.

    I was dripping in and out of sleep on the bus. Trying to read and comprehend The Prince is fairly difficult when I am in between being drowsy and windy road.

    Ohrid is a very relaxing lakeside holiday resort. The hotel is only 20m from the beach where I dip my toes in and watch the sunset. The place feels like back in the Kinnert. A crystal clear lake is surrounding by mountains with a tranquil energy.

    I didn’t feel like going into the fresh water Ohrid lake at sunset time. Half due to I worry about too much stimulation to mini. Perhaps I will jump in after my run tomorrow morning.

    The evening is the standard Balkan cultural performance. The real fun starts when we hit Cuban Libra. Five Cuban dancers come out as soon as we arrive and dance solid for two hours to modern Latin music. I have so much fun following their moves and dancing to musics I love! We leave at around 1am - I will pay for it the next day though I know!

    Budva, Tirana, Ohrid
    Hit the road after breakfast, next stop Albania! A panoramic city tour of Tirana will introduce the best preserved and most beautiful samples of Albanian architecture, and drop us off at the town centre for some free time to discover the bustling Skenderbeg square. In the afternoon, continue towards Ohrid, Macedonia and check-in to your comfy hotel. You can rest up after a long day, or join the optional Balkan night with dinner.
    Included Activities: Panoramic City Tour of Tirana, Ohrid Walking Tour
    Optional Activities: Balkan Night with Dinner
    Read more