Satellite
  • Day 4

    Mostar

    August 13, 2019 in Bosnia and Herzegovina ⋅ ⛅ 35 °C

    On the way to Mostar, we stopped at this roasting lamb restaurant to try its juicy lamb sandwich specialty - it sucks to be a vegetarian when things like this come!

    Mostar is famous for its stone Old Bridge. A local diving club member would jump off the 28m high bridge when enough money is collected. A fellow traveller goes for a few practise jumps and is brave enough to sign his name into the record book for jumping off the bridge.

    We walk around the old town, have ice cream, followed by a nice sumptuous lunch by the river. To cool down even more, we go for a quick dip into the fresh (i.e. cold water).

    We stay at Central Park hotel in this small town called Trebinje. In the evening, we go to the cultural centre for a classical music concert. The concert is performed by American students who are studying or are going to study at music conservatory. After the concert, we all go upstairs for the cocktail reception where we meet a local who explains to us the history of Balkan. The residents of this region basically are the same race. When Yugoslavia fell apart, it is like If Australia falls apart, NSW, VIC, and SA want to be independent. They don’t agree with each other and they fight, not knowing exactly why. Now everyone in this region speaks the same language that is called by different name - Serbian.

    I like this small town. Kids come out to play at night, live music and street fairs on the weekend. It is a quiet and simple life here.

    Sarajevo, Mostar,Trebinje
    Today, we drive for the amazing Adriatic shore, but first a stop at Mostar! As you arrive in this dreamland, walk through the Old Town of this Herzegovina pearl, see the iconic highlights Old Bridge – Stari Most, and the old čaršija (market). Enjoy your lunch with an amazing view at one of the local venues, discover the old town and make sure to try the delicious Turkish coffee. In the afternoon, we ride to Trebinje for our overnight stay.
    Included Activities: Mostar Walking Tour
    Read more