Satellite
  • Day 8

    St Naum, Ohrid

    August 17, 2019 in North Macedonia ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    The Monastery of St Naum is a perfect place for monks to recluse. Who would not do so in such a beautiful monastery overlooking a clear blue lake?

    After walking ups and downs of the ancient city where churches can be found on every corner, we spend the afternoon swimming in the lake and have lunch by the water. We are chilled! This is my favourite place in this trip.

    We spend the night in Skopje. I am so tired for dinner but still manage to go to the main square to experience the night life. We can not find any good places to eat and end up eating 3 corns and some freshly fried donuts. Lots of people come out to the statues filled square. I have a good time people watching.

    Skopje is like any other Eastern European cities with older buildings. I have a special affection to the city because of Betty and Peter. I am surprised to see there are more mosques than churches in this traditionally orthodox city.

    Ohrid, St.Naum, Skopje
    Start off the day with a guided city tour of Old Ohrid hosting hundreds of chapels and churches scattered all around. Afterwards drive for the heavenly Monastery of Saint Naum built on a high rocky cliff overlooking the vast Ohrid Lake. Surrounded by incredible nature, get some free time to discover the complex, have lunch and even swim in the lake! In the afternoon travel to Skopje, the capital of Macedonia, for the night.
    Included Activities: Guided Ohrid City Tour, St.Naum visit
    Optional Activities: Ohrid Boat Trip
    Read more