Satellite
  • Day 5

    Exploring Chicago

    May 3, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    New hotel is much smaller than the Sheraton at San Fran but can’t complain. Breakfast included so #winning
    Today we started with a walk to Millenium Park. We stepped outside the hotel and wanted to get back inside asap!! It was sooooo cold. It was sunny, but the wind felt icy! Walked down magnificent mile and took in all the buildings - it’s a beautiful place. Up ahead we saw a Nutella store!!!! Well that called for a hot chocolate which was next level great! Now we were much warmer and really ready to explore. A few sculptures, beautiful greenery and great views of the city as we headed down to Lake Michigan. It’s such a pretty city!
    Next we got on the ‘L’ and headed to Wrigley Field to watch a baseball game! Chicago Cubs vs St Louis Cardinals. Here we were sitting in the shade so froze our butts off. Again there were cup holders which was exciting haha and all those guys walking around selling peanuts, beer, hot dogs - just like in the movies. I don’t know how anyone could hate cricket and like baseball. Didn’t do much for me but it was a good experience.
    Our next stop was Navy Pier and a ride on the Ferris wheels with some more great views.
    Did some souvenirs shopping! We went in a mall, and had to show ID twice and then get a wristband as proof of age. It was ridiculous and pretty hilarious
    Finished off the night at Kingston Mines - a blues bar which was great. Something different and was really fun.
    Read more