Satellite
  • Day 6

    Second day in Chicago

    May 4, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    After a late night with one too many drinks, we didn’t really want to get out of bed. Still lacking a decent night sleep, we kinda wanted a rest day. Alas, we had more to see and do!
    Off on the L again, back to Wrigley Field for a stadium tour. Everything and anything is Chicago Cubs themed. From Logos everywhere including cups and napkins, to all the staff wearing Cubs clothing and Hats. Even the toilet symbols - the heads are in the shape of a C!!! Was pretty cool to see the field from different views and hear about the manual scoreboard they still have and the history of the club, field and supporters.
    Next was the Chicago 360. Up 94 floors, an observation deck which views of the city and lake from all directions. Stunning!! We also did the Tilt! You Stand uo against the window and hang on - the window then leans out (tilts) down towards the ground. Watching the people in front, it didn’t look like you tilt that far but you definitely feel like you do. That was pretty cool a I think it might be a bit scary to start but it actually wasn’t.
    Weather was much nicer today!!! Actually warmer and could sit outside for lunch in the sun!!
    Next was Lottie’s Pub which is where they film some scenes from Chicago Fire in the bar they own ‘Mollys’ Food was great - we ate chicken tenders, waffle fries and tater tots! Pretty sure we won’t be needing dinner tonight. We also saw the fire & police stations!!
    Back to the hotel for a bit of a rest and awaiting our transfer to the airport!
    Niagara Falls here we come
    Read more