Satellite
  • Day 7

    Niagara Day 1

    May 5, 2019 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    The view of Niagara Falls from our room - simply the best!!! We could have just sat there all day looking at it!
    Quick run across the road to Starbucks for some breakfast before getting picked up for our tour.

    Today we got to see The Falls from so many different angle and all were impressive. We started off with our ponchos on for the being the falls tour which was cool. Checked out the falls from above and below! They’re so loud and just so beautiful!! The speed of the water is just incredible!

    We were supposed to do the Hornblower boat but it for canned because there is still too much ice in the water. Our jet boat got cancelled too which was sad but what can you do?! Our next option was the butterfly conservatory which neither of us were really thrilled about. Lucky the tour guide suggested doing the aero car instead which goes across the falls above the rapids. Pretty cool to think that one side in Canada and just across the way is America!

    Off to the helicopter ride next which was a lot of fun!! It was only about 8 minutes but it was enough to see Niagara Falls and learn a bit about them. I didn’t know they controlled the amount of water travelling down the falls and that they have tunnels to control the water to help decrease the erosion as well as using it for electricity.

    Buffet lunch at the Skylon Tower was up next. Again beautiful views, yet we still weren’t sick of looking at Niagara Falls. It was a weird buffet in that it was almost like it has breakfast lunch dinner foods but it was nice. The chocolate chip pie for dessert hit the spot.

    Back to the hotel for a bit of a rest. And then we went to Queen Victoria Palace for dinner with a view. Great steak for dinner and brownie for dessert. A walk to the Ferris Wheel to check out the Falls with all the pretty lights and then a late night Uber to Walmart (an adventure in itself) to get a GoPro wrist strap for the Zipline tomorrow
    Read more