Satellite
  • Day 8

    Niagara Falls Day 2

    May 6, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Today started off with the Zipline down the falls which was so much fun!!!!! No nerves at all from me, I think I was too excited! Even St George bear got to ride the Zipline (in the backpack attached, but technically he did 🙊). It was all over in about a minute but soo worth it!
    Next stop Tim Hortons for breakfast and I understand why all you travellers rave about it! We loved the donuts and cookies 😋
    Off to the White Water Walk to check out the rapids. We went down an elevator 78m to the bottom of the escarpment and walked through a tunnel, you walk out the to viewing platform and just go wow! The rapids were just amazing! Again we could have just sat here all day. We got down to end and we may have put out hands through the fence to touch the water. It was freezing!!!! I know it would have been a bit warmer but Dad I have no idea how you and Brian went in that lake!!
    Caught the bus to the floral clock and then on down to Niagara on the Lake! It wasn’t really what I expected, Sarah and I felt like we had stepped into a retirees heaven. All these cute, old stores like Bowral or the Blue Mountains. The Lake itself was beautiful and again water was bloody cold!
    Had a little nap on the way back up to the falls. Stopped at Clifton Hill at an ice cream store called Sweet Jesus recommended by our tour guide yesterday! That was our dinner It was delicious! I had the banging brownie on a waffle cone - chocolate ice cream covered in caramel sauce, brownie bits and ice magic!!! A little bit of souvenir shopping and then off the casino! No winners here but we had some fun!
    Another stop at Tim Hortons to collect some breakfast before our 3:30am pickup tomorrow morning to head to NYC!!
    Read more