Satellite
  • Day 22

    Jimmy Hendricks was here

    January 12, 2020 in Morocco ⋅ ☀️ 52 °F

    South of Essaouira lies this wonderful Village which was, time ago, a meeting place for all the hippies in that time “Make love not war”, the village attracted many hippies and even music legends like Jimi Hendrix, the famous Jazz singer, visited Morocco once, on a first class flight with two friends the 28th or 29 July 1969, he stayed in three luxury hotels in three different cities, among, the city of Essaouira.

    During his visit to the charming Mogador he stayed at Hotel Des iles most luxurious accommodation in Essaouira during this time.

    Star Jimi Hendrix wants to discover more the secrets of this small town, that’s why he visited Diabat, he remained there for three days without returning to the hotel. While staying among a woman from the village called Aicha.
    During his visit to this village Hippie, Jimi Hendrix was in love with its historic monuments, amoung these the sanded palace from Sultan Mohamed Ben Abdallah was present.

    The palace of the Sultan named “Dar Sultan” was built outside and southern the city, near the coast. It was furnished in European stile and consisted of five pavilions which it remains only a few ruins. In 1820, the palace Dar Sultan served to local authorities. Before being completely sanded, he was surrounded by a forest of tamarisk. They say that Jimi Hendrix was staying in this palace for a whole day to drink, smoke … and write his famous song “Castle Made Of Sand”.
    Read more