Satellite
  • Day 3

    London (Harry Potter Studios)

    August 29, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    This was simply amazing!

    The real sets used in all eight movies were set up on location at the Warner Bros Studios in Leavesden, just outside of London. The sets included the costumes, props, wigs and animatronics. The gift shop was one of the best I have ever seen for a tourist attraction. The kids (and I) were completely enthralled by the experience. The Great Hall was incredible in terms of the construction, the real stone floor and the attention to detail. The rooms set up for The Hollow (the Weasley's kitchen), Dumbledore's office, the Gryffindor Common Room and bedroom and Diagon Alley were a lot smaller in real life than you would expect, but once again, the detail in it all, plus the explanation of how they made it look so authentic was fascinating.

    The Hogwart's Express and the entire train station was set up, as was Privet Drive. The attention to detail in the props was incredible and the process of creating the animatronics (including the man hours for a large team for 10 years!) was trully amazing. Buckbeak was there as well as Hagrid's Hut, the animated Monster Book of Monsters, the Mandrakes (those crying baby plants).

    A true delight for Harry Potter fans!
    Read more