Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Ferry & Dinner at „Grieg“

    October 1, 2021, North Sea ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    Our last half day in Norway was rainy - perfect for the last „Skillingsboller“ (Cinnamon Roll) and coffee in Bergen. Then it was off to the ferry station.
    We had a cabin (with a photo instead of a window due to budget constraints 😂) and a large dog box. After a short negotiation, Lennox took the latter. 😬
    For the second (and last time) on our holiday we treated ourselves to a served dinner in the fancy „Grieg“ on board diner. No, that‘s not Einstein, that‘s Edvard Grieg, the one (and only 🙃) famous Norwegian Romantic composer and pianist. (You might know his work „Peer Gynt“).
    We also enjoyed other on-board attractions more (the duty-free shop) but also less (the live band that played until after midnight just above our cabin).
    …with the 8am arrival in Hirtshals, Denmark our holiday is over and all that’s left is a long drive back - and a big bag of new memories and impressions of a truly fascinating country. We seemed to have near-perfect weather and wildlife timing, open roads and always a great place to set up for the night. Without intentionally planning it, by leaving out the Oslo region we also left out the only part of Norway that Germany changed into a high-risk Corona region as we were there (which would’ve changed our travel back slightly…)

    We drove a total of 4.5 days (108hrs, 7500km) in 22 days and took over 800 pictures and videos…

    Thanks for reading along! If you are interested, I‘d love to show you our 14min video summary of this great country and trip!
    With love, Linda, Jeanette & Lennox 🤙🏽🇳🇴
    Read more