Satellite
  • Day 23

    The Best Of - List !

    October 3, 2021 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    A 100km from home it’s time to look back and compose the „Best Of“ list, here you go:

    Best meal:
    homecooked: - Tacos with Corn Tortillas which are hard to get at home
    Served: - The Waffles in Njusford (crunchy on the outside, chewy in the middle, correct sweetness of the strawberry sauce and vanilla cream topping)

    Best drink: the alcohol free Ginger Joe

    Favorite spot to stay overnight:
    The camping site in Stave, Andøya with the white beach and Sauna

    Best Hike:
    Matinden (minus the getting dark part, but for the final view and trail itself). Also on Andøya.

    Favorite City: Trondheim

    Best thing to do/see:
    Seeing the Orcas and whales.

    Best thing we packed:
    Jeanette: Wind Vest and buff. (#layers)
    Linda: The drone (and the 12V - 240V power converter)

    Coolest thing we learned:
    Jeanette: What we don’t need to bring for outside activities when it is cold. (Gym equipment, hammock, outdoor grill…)
    Linda: That we have no single footage or observation of a sperm whale hunting, because they do it at a depth we cannot get ANY equipment down to. AND the Stave churches were created in an attempt to copy stone churches and cathedral.

    Most useful thing we learned:
    Linda: How the Cruise Control on our van works without thumbling around.
    Jeanette: That Norway is 90% renewable energy powered (Hydro) and also exports this to the world.

    Most unexpected:
    Jeanette: That the Via Ferrata was that easy and the moose are so big.

    Coolest souvenir from the trip:
    Jeanette: The great bargain rain pants.
    Linda: the Ski Erg for $250 😆

    Favorite picture:
    Can’t answer yet, we are still missing the pics from our tour to Trolltunga…

    Where would we rank Norway from all the countries we‘ve seen so far?!?
    Linda: Top 3 (with Canada and Switzerland)
    Jeanette: Top 5 (With Iceland, Sardinia, Croatia)
    Read more