Satellite
  • Day 4

    Drive to Adelaide

    February 16, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    This morning we went up to Boroka lookout to watch the sun rise, everyone was a little aprehensive as we were in cloud yet the sunrise was still beautiful as although we couldn't easily see it rising in the sky, the sun was reflected in a lake below making it beautifully golden.

    We started driving and stopped at the "jaws of death" lookout before going on to Mckenzie falls. After viewing the main waterfall Emma and I carried on along the river to find some very pretty smaller waterfalls. For lunch we stopped in Horsham! Our last stop before properly getting into the drive was at a pink salt lake, this was very cool especially as I was not expecting expecting to see this.

    When we arrived at Adelaide we went out to a nice Thai restaurant. Rasmus and I went for what was meant to be a quick nose at the river but we happened upon a lights display so we spent a fair while exploring this. Our favourite display was reminiscent of the northern lights, an effect created by fog and lasers which was mesmerising. We watched this for a good half hour before we got too cold and turned back to the hostel.
    Read more