Satellite
  • Day 16

    Day 16

    June 25, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    Got up far too early this morning! Fueled at Timmy Ho's. Lined up in ferry parking lot for 2-1/2 hours. Loading was interesting driving down ramps into the bowls of the ship.
    Landed on the Rock at 7:00 PM local time. Lost another 1/2 hour of time with zone change. 3-1/2 hrs out of sync with home.
    Air was crystal clear. Could see rocky detail for miles (hence the nickname!) Snow on the hills on the horizon. To say it was brisk weather was understatement!
    14 whole kilometres today including searching for Timmy Ho's this morning in Nova Scotia, and driving from ferry terminal to hotel in Newfoundland!

    1. Families of Cormorants nesting on anchor bollards. Some of them don't plant the landing too well!
    2. Wife with favourite beverage.
    3. Helicopter landing pad on deck of ferry
    4. Transports on upper deck. They get unload before any passenger cars!
    5. Entering the lower deck of the ferry...then driving down!
    6. Leaving Sydney Harbour.
    7. Tourist defense against sea-sickness. Wife pressure testing them! Ocean was a mill pond all the way across!
    8. Very intense tourist watching progress out of harbour.
    Read more