Satellite
  • Day 2

    Colombia Day 3

    July 27, 2018 in Colombia ⋅ 🌧 54 °F

    A "get organized" morning. Late breakfast - this is a really great B & B - breakfast at whatever time you ask and whatever you want. :-) Mary Lou not feeling great - she brought a bronchitis/asthma condition with her from the US and its not getting better. Robert and I out to the closest ATM for some local money. Colombia is one of those countries with a lot of pesos to the dollar - around 2,880 pesos to the dollar!! The math gets complicated but still not as bad as the old Italian lira. (I think I am dating myself) Next to get SIM cards for our phones. Robert and ML have 2 phones and the acquisition was quite a process so mine has to wait until tomorrow as our friends had arrived to escort us around for the day. The B and B folk found an MD for Mary Lou who would come to the B and B !!! House call was $30 US!!! We went to the Museo Nationale while ML waiting for MD. A very interesting museum - some English but not in all areas. My Google translator was on overtime. The museum was a combination of Colombian history and art. The museum (not the building it is in) was just started in 1999. All of their history is so very recent - they really just united the country in 1991. Lots to learn in this country as I really have not paid much attention to Colombian history.
    Back to the B & B to pick up Mary Lou - stronger decongestants prescribed. (and the pharmacy delivered the drugs to the B & B) !!! Off to the La Macherena section of the city for dinner - and a walk around the upscale area before dinner. A wonderful restaurant, Santa Fe, recommended by our hosts. Good Chilean white wine and wonderful food - wonderful white fish cerviche and salmon carpaccio for appetizers. Great service and even serenaded by a saxophone player during dinner. A really fun experience and again - lots of lively conversation.
    Back to B & B around 8PM. ML "beat" for the day. I went to do this blog downstairs in the lobby with a cup of tea and after a short while, new guests arrived. As it turns out, they had been guests at this B & B last year so knew the hosts and I spent the next 2 hours with the hosts and the couple from France talking about everything in the world - it was just wonderful. And the conversation was in English !! :-) Now getting the blog done and soon time for me to crash.
    Read more