Satellite
  • Day 7

    Colombia Day 8

    August 1, 2018 in Colombia ⋅ 🌧 64 °F

    A travel day. Bogota to Pereira - just a quick 1 hour flight - as opposed to an 8-10 hour bus ride. Pereira is a city of about 1M due west of Bogota. We are outside of the city about 6 miles at a lovely spa hotel in the middle of the coffee district. La Colina - rolling hills, lush jungle follage and lots of coffee farms. Arrived here around 4PM. A "nesting" time and a glass of wine while discussing what to do for the next 2 days. The hotel owns many acres of land around - including a real trail thru the jungle up a nearby mountain, which of course I wanted to do immediately. An elevation gain of around 700 feet in less than a mile (very steep)
    Lots to experience and see along the way, About a quarter of the way up the hotel has an outlook structure replete with hammocks, benches/beds with places to lie down and look our over the scenery. Higher up there are other overlook spots with structures made from bamboo to look out over the jungle and the hills and mountains below. At the top a tower with steps to the top to see all of the area. Really a short but terrific walk in the jungle.

    Back to rooms - mine has a deck replete with fireplace, a vine covered area with table and chairs and a hammock. Quite the neat place. Dinner here of paella and lots of wine. Life is good.
    Read more