Satellite
  • Day 6

    Alaska Day 6 Gig Harbor, WA

    July 12, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 70 °F

    Big camp breakfast today to eat up the food in the fridge before catching the ferry tomorrow. Decided to go for a ride up the east side of Puget Sound from Gig Harbor. Found a super Walmart for a few essentials, food for a picnic and dinner. Beautiful water scenery by the Sound. Made our picnic lunch and found a park in downtown Gig Harbor at the Marina. Lovely spot with lots of water craft to watch going in and out. Amazing number of yachts in the Marina along with kayaks, canoes and motorboats. An ice cream stop and on our way to our "home: for the night - Larrabee State Park, WA.

    The park is on Puget Sound south of Bellingham. A really pretty spot however our drive there was horrendous. We only had about 120 miles to drive and it took over 4 hours!! Friday afternoon traffic through Seattle on Interstate 5 was a disaster due to crashes and construction. The GPS kept rerouting us, we thought we would never get there. Arrived at campsite at 7PM. Quick hook ups and lots of wine. Fortunately days are longer here. Good steaks for dinner and to bed. Ready to catch the ferry for Alaska in Bellingham tomorrow afternoon.
    Read more