Satellite
  • Day 7

    Day 7 NYC

    October 26, 2021 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 57 °F

    A rainy day in NYC. Poured during the night but a window of no rain from 11-7P. Did some “chores” - mailed some things home, went to Macy’s for Illene to buy socks and then to find lunch.
    Met Isabel at the NYC Public Library where they had an exhibition of the “Treasures” from the library. I love the reading room there however you cannot visit anymore unless you are on a tour. 😩.
    Walked back to Isabel’s for an afternoon “lie down” and off around 5P to Greenwich Village via subway. Walked the streets of the Village admiring the architecture and the numerous street restaurants. Ate dinner at a seafood/pasta place and enjoyed Isabel’s stories of the transition of the Village from artists and actors to now an upscale residential neighborhood. Struggling performers cannot afford the Village anymore.
    Walked to our show for tonight - Fairycakes. A comedy that is new to the NYC theater scene. A comedy and funny 😂. Enjoyable evening’s entertainment and different from anything else we have seen this trip. Great fun costumes and one of the actors was Mo Rocca, for any of you who watch the Sunday Morning show. (He should stick to his day job). Home in the pouring rain.
    Read more