Satellite
  • Day 11

    Day 11 London

    October 30, 2021 in England ⋅ 🌧 54 °F

    A very early start to the day, both of us awake sometime between 4 and 5A. As much as I travel, I cannot solve the jet lag issue. 🤬. A rainy morning and fist had to do our day 2 COVID test which had to be scheduled to get into the country. Good news was that we could now do the rapid tests which are quite easy. However we could not figure how to upload the results photo into their website. Called and Emailed the lab and no response. Expecting someone to come and take us to jail any minute now. 😂. Some catch up on things his AM while waiting for the rain to take a break.
    Out around 11 to work on the next COVID test, the one we need to return to the US 😅. Found a place nearby that we could schedule for Monday, again a rapid test, so results right away.

    Weather clearing so decided to take a chance on outdoor activity and off via underground to Kew Gardens, the Royal Botanical Gardens. I always love this place although more so in the Spring. About an hour out of London from our place and several tube changes. A stop for lunch at a Japanese cafe in the sun outside the tube stop in the upscale Kew Gardens community.

    Then into the gardens. Spent 3 hours wandering around, seeing the major sites. Tis late fall and this part of the world has had lots of rain and wind but still quite some fall colors in the magnificent huge trees that cover the miles of walking paths. Their special exhibition was a Japanese motif - a large installation in one on the greenhouses hanging from the ceiling of red strings with white paper on it. Picture does not do it justice. Lovely with music playing representing nature sounds. A peaceful place, even with the crowds. All in all a wonderful afternoon.
    Back to home with a stop at the grocery store to find food to heat up for dinner. Too tired to go out. Total walking mileage on my app today is 6.8 miles. (Yesterday 9.8)! No wonder we are tired.
    Read more