Satellite
  • Day 27

    Heading for St Petersburg

    July 14, 2017 ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    We have been cruising the Baltic for the last few days. We loved Visby the main city on the island called Gotland which is part of Sweden. The houses were lovely with cobblestoned streets and all the shops had fabulous elegant clothes and there were shops that just sold wrapping paper with gorgeous patterns . There was a candy shop with every possible sweet and IKEA like shops with modern furnishings. Problem is no room in the luggage. The next stop was Turku a past capital of Finland 🇫🇮 but we thought it was not that interesting. Today we berthed in Helsinki Finland which was lovely with beautiful historical buildings as well as lively Summer markets full of just picked berries and flowers. We went out on an old Viking sailing ship across the harbour. It was fine but cold in the wind . Tomorrow morning we arrive in St Petersburg which promises to be the highlight of the trip. We are there for three days as there is lots to see. Just made a major faux pas at dinner telling this wealthy American that I didn't approve of Trump and his disrespect for women then I realised he had the brushed back white hair an arrogant manner and a much younger dolly faced blonde Ukrainian lady with him Whoopsie 😖It became clear he thought Trump was quite ok ahhhh!!! Anyway folks off to bed . It is ten o'clock but the sun still hasn't quite set ... very confusing for us.

    Love to all special kisses 😘 for the little ones. Hey I forgot to say we had reindeer for dinner Delicious but think the grandies might be horrified. Bette said Blitzen tasted 👍

    Love

    B&B
    Read more