Satellite
  • Day 5

    Rolling with the thunder and lightening

    May 20, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 23 °C

    Today was a ‘resort day’. We slept until 10AM - that is what Animal Kingdom did to us. We made our way to the quick serve eatery at the resort for coffee, Mickey waffles and cereal.

    Then off to the pool. The forecast was rain in the afternoon so we did not expect to get much pool time. But, what we have learned is common, the weather totally shifted from the forecast and we had a m sunny pool day. The kids made friends, rode and re-rode the water slide and joined the poolside activities. They even found some of the treasure a pirate buried earlier in the day. We did a load of laundry at the very handy laundry room. Then at 4PM, with limited warning the skies turned black and we went inside to watch a movie and have a rest.

    Hit the boardwalk just after 6 to go ride the gondola that leaves from near our resort, but it was down because of the weather. Then we went to do a boat ride but the boats were down too. Lightening was in the area. No gondola, boats or campfires to go to. We headed into the resort and discovered a solarium with chipper ‘cast members’ who are now entertaining our children.

    It is 8:30PM now. Kids are entertained and Mel is off to pick up our take away orders from one of the resort restaurants and we will dine in the solarium where the kids can be maniacs and watch Zootopia. We may need to get a timeshare.

    Have a magical night.
    Read more