Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    There's Something Fishy About This Place

    September 19, 2019 in South Korea ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We returned the car this morning and got hit with a bill for damage. Strangely though it was a couple of scratches under the front not the ones along the side that caused the bother. Ah well, in all the years we have hired cars and all the kilometres we've traveled in them this is the first issue we've ever had. So next stop is Busan station to book our train tickets back to Seoul tomorrow. Once that is taken care of we hop the Metro and head for Jagalchi Fish Markets, just three stops from our hotel.

    Apparently Jagalchi Fish Markets is the largest in Korea and there is an incredible array of all manner of seafood, most of which I recognise. We get talking to a stallholder about his menu and agree to return later for lunch. Not only is Jagalchi the largest fish market in Korea, it's also right alongside streets and streets of homewares markets, toursit markets and art and craft markets, as well as stores. Still haven't found a horse. Lots of elephants the presence of which in Korea is dubious I'm sure, but no horses. I manage to pick up a few gifts for the family though so all good.

    We return to "Lucky's, An Honest Restaurant", as claimed by his business card, and treat ourselves by electing to have the lobster. Richard chooses his victim and then we wait while soaking up the sights and sounds around us, for it to be delivered to our table ready to eat.
    Read more