Satellite
  • Day 40

    Travelers return richer

    November 30, 2018 in Denmark ⋅ ☁️ 4 °C

    That’s Scandinavian Airlines marketing slogan, and it might seem like not more than that. However, there is quite a lot of wisdom behind it, and this statement has been just as true as it can get on this trip.

    The beautiful places I’ve visited gave me a glimpse of what the world has to offer, and how much nature there is to explore. I’ve seen amazing landscapes, beautiful beaches, superb places I didn’t even know existed. My adventures were unforgettable, and what really made me richer were the people I’ve met, each and every one of them with a unique life story to tell.

    I’ve met so many incredible people; people who travel for fun, who travel to find themselves, who travel to explore, to learn, to develop, and some who travel to escape routine and established conventions. I’ve met young and old people from all over the world. I’ve heard fortunate stories of people living their dreams, and unfortunate ones of people trying to end their life when life became too much to cope with.

    I’ve met some locals in the countries I’ve been to - and I asked lots of questions attempting to really understand them, to find out who they are, how they live, what they believe in, and even how they define happiness. I’ve seen extreme poverty and constant happiness, both in the same place, at the same time, rejecting the common Western belief that the more you have, the happier you get. Some people here have very little, yet still find happiness far away from materialism.

    I’v learned that the simple life is the good life - a statement I first read in the great book ​The top five regrets of the dying,​ and then experienced it throughout my travel. I’ve got closer to an already great friend, and made memories for life, memories we will remember long after this trip.

    I got inspired - inspired of how to live my own life, what choices to make, and have been encouraged to do what I believe is right for me.

    While I wish I had more time to travel, more time to see more things, to experience more adventures, to meet more people, ​I do promise myself that I’ll take the time to do this again, to travel for a longer period of time, to not get stuck in a daily life bubble.​ As for now, I think of Eddy’s wise words: good things must come to an end for other good things to start.
    Read more