Satellite
  • Day 9

    All over......for now

    February 15, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Arrived home to a grey and rainy Melbourne 😢 and already planning our next adventure.

    Our 5 days on Hawaii saw us experience 8 of the 10 climates found on the big island from Krapper’s original 14 world climate zones.

    Having left the UK quite a few years ago and never travelled to Hawaii or the USA previously we found it strange having to calculate the weather from Fahrenheit, work in lbs and buy our coffees in ounces. We stayed in a condo, talked on our cell, walked on the sidewalk, shopped in Walmart and Macy’s, took our groceries in paper bags, had food and coffee ‘to go’ and hired the biggest car we have ever seen -GMC yukon Denali. And we were amazed to find Valentine’s Day celebrated EVERYWHERE.

    Loved loved loved the big island, it’s relaxed chilled out feel, it openness and connection to nature. We will definitely be back, in fact we are already planning a back packing trip around the island staying off the tourist trail.

    Waikiki is surfers on steroids v high end Melbourne shopping. Kalebh would love it here except there is no male shopping in Valentino. For us, great stop over to connect flights but not for an extended stay.
    Read more