Satellite
  • Day 38

    Day 34, Sunday June 12

    June 13, 2016 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Graduation Day

    A beautiful experience.

    The students in the class (#9 SKE in Canada) raised the funds to bring Brother Schaeffer and his wife out for the Graduation. Brother Schaeffer was the chairman of the program in addition to giving a talk in addition to the introductory comments.

    There were interviews of the brothers who had the job of running the school, getting the accommodations, looking after any problems the students may encounter, that sort of thing. For example, the second day of class the closet shelving in Tom and Sherry's place fell off the wall. The brothers asked if there were any problems with their accommodations. Tom told them and that day or maybe the next a brother was there to repair the problem. Others had car problems and there were mechanic brothers who were there to fix it. The purpose was to make the school as stress free for the students as possible, so that they could focus properly.

    There were interviews of the students and what they appreciated most from the school. There were also reenactments of nice service experiences some of the students experienced while they were attending the school.

    Afterward the brothers provided some beautiful finger foods and there was lots of time allowed to visit and catch up with many old friends and meet new ones.

    We saw many we haven't seen for years.

    Later Tom and Sherry's guests that were still around met at our hotel for a Chinese Takeout Dinner.
    Read more