Satellite
  • Day 22

    Day 18 - Barcelona - BAH Hotel

    April 30, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Barcelona Airport Hotel
    No big plans today. We decided to take our own luggage off, not realizing that elevator after elevator would be crammed full. But, we eventually got downstairs and off the ship. Troi got flagged and pulled aside, still don't know why, which delayed us a bit. Then we got to the taxi queue and that's where we got separated from the Mutzes. They got assigned to a second, unofficial queue.  They seemed to move more quickly, but in the end we caught our taxi just 5 minutes later. Waved good bye to each other from opposite sides of the street.

    We are staying at the​ Barcelona Airport Hotel. So far so good. We were here at 10 am, check in is at 3pm. But it is just noon now and we are in our room. Room is spacious and feels nice and clean. The WiFi seems to be working, but the TV not so good.... Audio on most channels cuts in and out so badly it's unwatchable, though the picture is just fine.

    While we were waiting for our room to be cleaned, we took​ the free shuttle to the airport and got our seats assigned and our boarding passes printed. Changed Euros into Kenyan shillings and had a bite to eat. Then shuttled back to the hotel. We were served by a lovely ticket agent at the Swissair counter. Nothing extra special, just friendly, helpful and pleasant. I guess that is actually special - good customer service is disappearing. We told her so and she in return said we were nice customers 😁.

    Have the rest of the day to watch some of the Assembly Day we missed, adjust our packing and get ready for our early morning tomorrow. Need to be checking in for our flight at 4:30am.

    Next stop(over)? Frankfurt and then on to Nairobi!
    Read more