Satellite
  • Day 17

    Yosemite I

    July 18, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Day 16: O my gosh! Yosemite is not gonna be my favourite national park so far! 😧
    When I woke up I drove to Bodie. This is an old ghost town. Nice to take photos ;-) On my way to Yosemite I found a beautiful and huge lake called Mono Lake.
    When I got to Yosimite I picked up two hitchhikers from Cologne and Switzerland that was hiking the PCT. Those two I took to Yosemite Village. They were on the way to San Francisco.
    Afterwards I started looking for a car park. 2 hrs later!!! I found a lil space for my car that wasn't official at all.
    I hiked to the Yosemite Fall seeing some mooses and returned to my car again. I moved it to an official car park at Half Dome Village and ordered a pizza that the hitchhikers have recommended.
    When I returned to my car I was wondering why my car is grey not even black and I saw a strange dust in the air all the time. While I ate my pizza I spoke to a woman and her daughter. They told me that there is a forest fire south western of the Yosimite. Actually you was able to smell the fire in the air.
    I was afraid that the western exit gonna be closed so I decided to leave the park and sleep outside (8pm). A lot of people wanted to do that so the traffic went very slowly. I drove down the 140. But after about 1 1/2 hrs I was stoped by the police because the road was closed because of the fire. So I turned back to Half Dome Village where I started parked my car and slept in it - definitely tired (11:30pm)!

    What a day! 😧

    Bodie ✔
    Mono Lake ✔
    Yosemite Fall ✔
    Seeing some mooses ✔
    Taste the Yosimite pizza ✔
    Feeling a forest fire ✔
    ---
    Illinois ✅
    Wisconsin ✅
    Minnesota ✅
    South Dekota ✅
    Wyoming ✅
    Idaho ✅
    Utah ✅
    Nevada ✅
    California ✅
    Arizona ❌
    Read more