Satellite
  • Day 36

    Oregon Coast

    October 29, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    We've spent the last two weeks traveling south down the coast of Oregon. New favorite for sure. It's probably even more amazing in the summer with a little more sunshine and heat but we can't complain about the lack of people. We've combed mille long stretches of beach and tidepools without seeing another human. We found out we love exploring tidepools and we hit every low tide possible, even one during sunset. Highly recommended, you can see a lot of crazy shit with a flashlight in the tidepools when it's dark out! We especially loved the stretch of coast between Lincoln City and Newport. Beautiful sandy beaches, jagged rocky coves, marine wildlife and my favorite..."hidden" sea floats. Lincoln City hides beautiful hand blown glass floats randomly throughout the day on it's 7 miles of beach, everyday through winter. You bet your sweet ass I spent hours upon hours scouring the beach for 3 days straight. I'm still super salty I didn't find one and I bring it up almost everyday.😣 I'm really too lazy to tell you about everything we saw and did but if I could recommend one area it would be the central coast. Namely Devil's Churn, Spouting Horn and Cape Perpetua, we explored every square mile we could at those sites. We are getting ready to head into California tomorrow. We'll see how long it takes before all the people and traffic send us back to Oregon.

    Mood Music:
    https://youtu.be/_Mnw9uiYggU
    Read more