Satellite
  • Day 23

    We made it to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

    November 25, 2016 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    One typhoon warning, a boat journey, two pricey flights and we are now in Malaysia.

    Tammy and I were here last April. We were reminded of the fact when the lovely border people greeted us with " welcome back to Malaysia mam".

    We loved it then and cannot wait to explore this beautiful lush country, at a slower pace.
    We are expecting to spend about three weeks here,before heading to Cambodia via Thailand. Obviously all this can change what with typhoons and all!!

    Leaving the Philippines suddenly was very hard (we adored it) but the island we were heading to was in the middle of the typhoon and it didn't look like it was shifting. We even got onto the ferry, got settled and waited over two hours, until a Filipino announcement declared the boat wouldn't be leaving until Saturday!! At the earliest!! Most people didn't move, they planned on staying on the boat until they got the all clear!! Now i know we are on a budget but the prospect of staying on a boat for three nights in the port, didn't seem like the obvious choice, so we found a plush hotel and got a double room for £15!! to re-group and plan our next move!!

    The journey from Bohol to KL, was LONG... but was made much easier with a cheeky 7 hour stay in the Wings Lounge, basically a pod, to get your head down in between connections.
    Read more