Satellite
  • Day 36

    Langkawi

    December 8, 2016 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    So we left George Town after 5 nights of incredible cuisine and stunning street art, and headed to the island of Langkawi. We took a "superfast" ferry from Penang an arrived to Langkawi for about 530 in the evening. On the journey me and Tam decided it would be best to hire a car, in order to explore the island as much as possible. Also the place we had booked to stay for the next 7 nights, is a little off the beaten track (jungle retreat).

    We met Justin Bieber at the port ( a 62 year old Malaysian version,) and i managed to get him to rent us manual (hurray), can on wheels for 50 ringgit a day, instead of 100! not bad, although after we paid Justin, we had to wait a good hour or so for the car to appear. During that time we managed to pick up a Swedish lone traveler. Sandra was very sweet and had been travelling for 4 years, and by now all she wanted was a wardrobe! ha!

    We eventually made it to Pondok Keladi, ran by a gay Malay- British couple. It is heaven and so relaxed. http://www.pondok-keladi.com/

    So far we have mostly been having lazy mornings, driving to beautiful beaches and cooking dinner, whilst drinking duty free gin in the evenings. BLISS!
    Read more