Satellite
  • Day 105

    Hello India. Hello Flick

    February 15, 2017 in India ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    We flew just 4 hours to Kochi from Bangkok. We landed at silly o'clock in the middle of the night, so we headed to a hotel for some kip before travelling onto Fort Kochi to meet Flick.

    So lovely to see a familiar face and we seem to fit straight into being a team, which is lovely.

    Fort Cochin is a bustling port with seafood a plenty with scent and spice shops everywhere.

    We spent two days exploring the international art festival and the evenings were spent eating scrummy vegetarian curry and paratha breads, washed down with my new favourite lime soda with syrup.

    During our exploring, we met a British couple who were in India for a year. Collette has been doing Anusara yoga for years and invited us to one of her classes at a arty cafe the next morning. It was amazing. I have done yoga before, but this was different. I felt revitalised afterwards and emotional. Like something good, positive had happened. She recommended a course for me to do when we return to London. I am absolutely chomping at the bit to make this yoga practice part of my life. It made me feel so good.

    Another person we met was Aaru. A rickshaw/tuk tuk driver who helped us find our basic digs for £2 a night. He also organised a backwater trip for us and helped us on our way to Varkala.

    First impressions of India so far is INCREDIBLE . Anything is possible and the people are so friendly and inviting.
    Read more