Satellite
  • Day 2

    Day 2 - Leaving Las Vegas

    September 9, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    We awoke refreshed and having "suffered" yesterday by staying awake till the evening, hopefully jet lag has been banished. We'll see! We attempted to get a Las Vegas Breakfast Buffet but time had conspired against us and so that is now on the to do list for our return visit. We headed back to the airport to collect the car. We hoped we would be given a choice of cars and that is what happened and yet, choice in involves a decision, and having a row of cars of different makes and sizes in front of us brought on a mini panic of choosing the right one for the journey. Luckily I didn't have internet access as it would have taken a lot longer! We had a look in a few and went with a Nissan Sentra. It looked nice at least. With Tom Tom plugged in and 2 minutes of figuring out how it starts we were off. Interstate 15 took us out of the city and within an hour straight into traffic by Baker. I enjoyed the open road while it lasted. The slow traffic though did allow a greater time to take in the barrenness of the scenery in these parts of Nevada and California. I felt like I wanted to get back on my horse from Red Dead Redemption and have a wander around. It was very relaxing. The landscape changed the nearer we got to the coast although by now it was getting dark. Our first full day of driving was done.

    Song of the Day:
    2Pac - California Love
    Read more