Satellite
  • Day 3

    (Day 3 cont.) Highway 1-der!

    September 10, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    The Pacific Coast Highway is amazing. Being familiar with the unique scenery of Northern Spain and having seen the spectacular views that New Zealand's mountain ranges have to offer, this route is packed with breathtaking views of mountainsides blended with the Pacific Sea. There was a mist aound the coast that obscured some of the view but luckily apart fom the lack of direct sunshine visibility was good. Our destination for today was Monterey, a stopover on the way to San Francisco. Once we arrived we unpacked and headed straight to the harbour area. We had no expectations and were pleasantly surprised by the main high street and the Italian festival that was taking place near the harbour with a live band and market stalls. It was a Saturday night and the town and tourists were out in force. We learnt walking around that this was the earliest town established by the Spanish in California. A nice dinner was finished off with beers from a bar from a local brewery. An enjoyable evening rounded off a memorable day.

    Song of the Day:
    The Beatles - The Long and Winding Road
    Read more