Satellite
  • Day 10

    Day 10 - Lake Saplenty

    September 17, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    Today we headed for Lake Tahoe. We drove up and over numerous mountains, passing a few incredibly beautiful lakes to get there. We even crossed the stateline back into Nevada enroute. Just a few miles before our destination we also hit the 1000 mile mark. Woo hoo!

    Lake Tahoe itself serves as a resort in the summer and as a skiing destination in the winter. It's one of the highest, deepest, cleanest and coldest lakes in the world and is longer than the English Channel is wide. True facts. On arrival we had dinner in a traditional 1950s diner that we both enjoyed. Alice had a strawberry milkshake and as part of the 'Wings and Shakes' ethos of this blog, Alice says it was excellent. She particularly enjoyed the strawberry syrup that was mixed through the shake and although not a fan of too much whipped cream in shakes, the right amount was provided. Also, the glace cherry did have to be removed. Just to stress, it was excellent.

    After a quick look around and walk by the beach we went back to our hotel for a quiet night in.

    Song of the Day:
    Counting Crows - Big Yellow Taxi (heard it on the road and felt apt whilst looking at the natural world)
    Read more