Satellite
  • Day 14

    Day 14 - Summer Better Than Others

    September 21, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    Alice and I took it easy today. A good fit for this city. The weather was still great, mid 20s, and after a lazy morning we strolled leisurely into Downtown. On the way we went to one of the highly regarded breweries of Portland, Burnside. Whilst looking at the list of beers and ales in front of us we couldn't decide on which one to have. So we ordered them all. No honestly, with a tasting flight. We went for the full twenty. Let's just say we worked our way through each glass with lots of chin scratching and debating. In brief, the Deadfinger, with a malty sweet aroma, was a fabulous ale and deserved winner whilst the Sakura Gost, with salt cured cherry blossoms, was a bad idea that should not have been barreled.

    We then wandered into Downtown to a book store, Powell's. This is a wonderfully large and eclectic book store that I thought had a clever way of blending new and second hand books together so that if they had two of the same book that you wanted you could pick between the two and their varying costs. I couldn't resist and left with a book in hand.

    Dinner time was soon upon us and we went to a place called Tilt. Alice had a huge chicken burger with bacon and I had the beef brisket sandwich that was bursting with meat and other fillings. A tasty meal that left us both stuffed and then we got the tram back to the motel.

    Song of the Day:
    Bill Withers - Lean On Me (heard it at lunch)
    Read more