Satellite
  • Day 69

    Day 69 - Winging It In Austin

    November 15, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    A driving day today as we headed to Austin. The drive wasn't too long and once we arrived there we were too early to check in to our hotel. We decided on killing time by going to a shopping mall.

    In Texas in particular, the intense heat (even in November) means a trip to a shopping mall is a opportunity to feel some air conditioning. This mall was also quite unique as it had a lot of alternative shops and not as many large brands. There was even a pokemon shop! We had already eaten at Applebee's just outside the mall and so we just wandered around the mall with cups of coffee in our hands.

    When enough time had passed we drove to our hotel and decided on dinner. We were going for wings again. We felt we had had enough of a break from eating wings since the 'Buffalo experience'. We searched for a place with decent reviews and opted for Pluckers. I ordered 15 wings of three flavours; medium Buffalo, Mangonero (mango and habanero) and Honey BBQ. Alice had 10 wings with two flavours, Bakers Gold (mustard with not sure what else) and Spicy Ranch (which was a dry rub) with a side of waffle fries. They were all really good and restored our faith in the winged wonders. My favourites were the Buffalo and Mangonero and Alice's were the Buffalo and the Baker's Gold. An enjoyable dinner and a good start to the first of two days here in Austin.

    Song of the Day:
    Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - Thrift Store (wanted a shopping themed song)
    Read more